Thursday 2 August 2012

W7 Nail Polish

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a blog post by Beauty and the Books showing a couple of nail polishes from W7. I'd never heard of the brand before but they looked amazing and so I headed over to Nail Polish Direct to have a look.

Nail Polish Direct stock a few brands including OPI, Rimmel, Barry M, Essie, W7, Jessica, China Glaze and Smooch, at a very slightly discounted rate. But they also offer free delivery which was super fast so I definitely recommend having a browse on their website. They also have various deals on, including a free top coat when you buy any 5 W7 polishes, which I took full advantage of. Considering these nail polishes cost £1.95, I thought it was a complete bargain. All together I got 6 nail polishes (including the free top coat) for under £10, and it arrived in 2 days. I was rather impressed.

After seeing these two colours featured on Beauty and the Books blog, I just had to get them as well.
98 Salt n Pepper
97 Lava Flow
Salt n Pepper is a white base with black glitter, and Lava Flow is white base with red and black glitter. The quality of these are fantastic, they are pretty opaque, really easy to apply, and dry quickly. However they do chip really bad if you don't use a top coat. Without a top coat half of it was gone within a day, but with a top coat it stays chip free for a few days. They feel quite gritty anyway without a top coat so you definitely want to use one. Another bad point is that they were a nightmare to remove. I was scrubbing at them for ages with a cotton pad soaked in polish remover and it was a chore. It also left my fingers and hands a bit speckled and glittery. But other than that I love them and think they look amazing

As there was an offer for a free top coat when you buy 5, I just had to get three more!!! The colour range is amazing so it was really hard to pick colours.

The first one is this gorgeous opal/pearl colour. I love this colour it's so pretty and simplistic and can go with anything. It's not very opaque so you definitely need to build it up, or you can leave it as a sheer, subtle glittery colour.
Sunrise

Next I chose this neon yellow, purely because, I didn't have a yellow nail polish. And now I do. And you never know when you might need yellow nails...
21 Neon Yellow

Lastly I chose this sparkly orange colour called Sunset Island. Mainly because of the name... it sounded pretty. This is a lovely colour, and different to anything I already had so am really liking this.
101 Sunset Island

So there's my collection of W7 nail polishes. I do recommend having a look at Nail Polish Direct because it is slightly cheaper, with free delivery, and there's lots of different deals going on. I actually might have to buy a few more of these soon, as there were so many to choose from. Let me know what you think of these!!

Thanks for reading!! :)

3 comments:

  1. The glitter ones look way cool. I also like the yellow one.
    As for the remolving glittery nail varnish, I would recommend Cutex strenghtening nail polish remover. You can get it in Tesco or Boots. Takes my glittery nails really easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you! I will definitely try that out, not much fun scrubbing away trying to get it all off hehe x

      Delete