Friday 13 July 2012

Body Shop Purchases | Review

I picked up a couple of products from The Body Shop last month and have been trying them out and they have now become a part of my daily routine. I absolutely love Body Shop products and I always find so many things I want from there... it's quite bad really I could buy half the shop.

.

The first thing I got was the Coconut Beautifying Oil and the smell of this is just so so nice. I love the smell of coconut and you can definitely smell it throughout the day after you've applied it.

The description is "Dry oil for body, face & hair. Moisturises, Smoothes, illuminates" I have to admit I've only used this as a body oil. I have very oily skin so am not keen on using it on my face but I think it would be great for someone with dry skin to use as it is very moisturising and does give a nice glow. It is really easy to apply, skins nicely into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy at all.


This cost £9 which at first I thought was pretty pricey, but the product goes a long way, and even though I feel I've already used quite a lot, my bottle still looks almost full. I think it's definitely worth the money.

The only thing I would criticise is that I really wish it came as a pump. The bottle looks lovely and it is nice packaging, but it get's a bit messy and sticky after a few uses. It's not a major problem, but a pump would definitely be an improvement in my eyes.



The next thing I chose was the Seaweed Clarifying Toner for combination/oily skin. This is actually the first toner I've ever purchased so I can't really compare it to others, but I have seen great results from using this product.

"Pore minimising toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil". I definitely agree with the description. It is amazing how quickly I saw an improvement after using this product.
 I have to say I don't use this on my chin because it broke me out, and I thought my skin was just purging so I kept using it, but the breakout didn't go until I stopped using it on that area. But for the cheeks/nose/forehead it has been great and I love it. For one, it got rid of all the blackheads on my nose which I have never found a product that does that. It's never been a problem because it's something that's not noticeable to anyone unless they're like.. up in my face having a good look round ... (creepy)... and most people have them so I've never been too bothered about that. I have tried a few exfoliators and facial scrubs before with no results, but using this product made them go completely which is a massive bonus. Again, I don't have a problem with large pores either, but I could still see an amazing difference after using this.

It is really mattifying, improves complexion, makes the skin more even and it feels so refreshing. Your skin feels so fresh and clean after applying this and it also helps remove any makeup that may be left on the skin. This is £7 and is an absolute bargain. Even though I can't use it on my chin as it breaks me out there for some reason, I have seen amazing and really fast results on the other areas, so would definitely repurchase this.


The last item I got, also from the seaweed range, was the Seaweed Mattyfying Day Cream for combination/oily skin. Because my skin gets quite oily, I wanted a moisturiser that was light enough to control oil throughout the day without making my skin look really shiny or greasy, or adding to the problem. This definitely does the trick. As it says on the packaging "Moisturises dry areas, controls excess sebum in shine" and I 100% agree. It feels very fresh and light when applying and absorbs into the skin really easily. It's not heavy at all but still leaves your skin feeling hydrated. And this is only £4!!!



So there's my little lot of Body Shop purchases. Really happy with all of them I think they are all reasonably priced. Love love love The Body Shop!!

Thanks for reading
Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment