Monday 9 July 2012

Broadway Impress Nails

Hello :)

I'm not a big lover of false nails. I wear them probably couple of times a year and that's all. And I usually prefer the natural looking, french manicure style false nails, which I think just looks very classy and pretty and fresh. But I saw these in Boots and I had to get them they looked so pretty! They are stick on nails from Broadway and were available in a lot of different patterns and colours. Basically the glue is pre-applied so you just peel off a protective layer and then pop them on your nail. Easy! You get 24 nails in 12 different sizes, a mini nail file in case you need to adjust the sizes to better fit your nails, and a  prep pad to cleanse your nails before application. I didn't have to use the file as I found a size that fit every nail pretty much perfectly

Broadway imPress Nails: Lovestruck

Ok so the downside to these... they are pretty short. I don't bite my nails or anything so I usually have quite long natural nails, and to wear these I had to cut them down pretty short so my natural nails didn't show over the false one's (not a good look i would imagine). But I've never found that with other false nails i've tried. Also I know some people have said they are a bit on the small side,especially the thumb nails. They fit me fine but I think some people have found that they were too small for their natural nails and didn't fit very well. I think most people should be okay with them, maybe those people just had ... larger than average thumbs ... who knows.

Another downside, within half an hour one had fallen off,within 24 hours three had fallen off. BUT, i did decide to do the cleaning right after I applied them (because i'm a weirdo) and so was scrubbing around and having them under the water a fair bit. Which obviously didn't help. Plus I don't think I applied much pressure when I put them on. So I re-applied them (you can use glue to re-apply them once they've fallen off - but I didn't have any so just used new ones) and they are staying on much better now. So I think it was my own fault they fell off that soon. They are said to last around a week so we will see.

I am in love with these nails though! They are so so pretty. And so easy to apply. I admit they are a bit pricey, I bought them for £8.99 in Boots, but i'm sure you can get them cheaper on eBay... I definitely recommend them especially if you have short nails anyway, they are perfect if you are in a rush or need a quick upgrade, and they are just generally lovely. I'd wear them for any occasion, hell i'd wear them even if i'm not going anywhere. Love love love them

No comments:

Post a Comment