Tuesday 17 July 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Hello

I just received my free samples of the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB creams so I thought I would share my views on it. First of all, if you're not sure what a BB cream is, it's essentially a tinted moisturiser jam packed with other skin benefits. So it's a lot lighter than a foundation, but still adds colour and evens out your complexion. So this particular BB Cream claims to be an 8-in-1 skin perfector that does the following.
  • Imperfections looked blurred
  • A natural looking glow
  • Fresh feel
  • Compliments skin tone
  • Skin looks smooth
  • Hydrates
  • Protects with SPF 30
  • Oil free, non greasy



Imperfections look blurred
I would say they do look slightly blurred, but this only gives a very light coverage so it by no means covers up imperfections. If you have a lot of blemishes you will still need concealer and might prefer using a fuller coverage foundation rather than a BB cream. This is very light, it evens the skin tone and it kind of blurs imperfections - but doesn't make them invisible. If you have good skin then this would be amazing just on its own

A natural looking glow
Definitely agree with this. It gives the skin a healthy natural looking glow and doesn't make the skin appear greasy or oily like some BB creams can. Brightens up the skin and gives a really nice finish. It's not mattifying and gives a more dewy look but if you prefer a matte finish you can add powder on top.

Fresh Feel
Yup - doesn't feel greasy or drying just very fresh and hydrating, doesn't really feel like you're wearing any makeup at all which I love

Compliments skin tone
For me I found that it blended so so easily, much better than any foundation I've used and it just sinks into the skin really well and evens out your skin tone. It comes in 4 tones, as far as I'm aware all the samples come in the shade light, so if you have light or fair skin definitely try out the samples which you can get here. The other shade are medium, dark, and universal glow

Skin looks smooth
As already mentioned it's not mattifying, but it gives a natural looking glow and makes the skin look very natural and healthy. I guess that counts as smooth looking... It doesn't make you look ...scabby or anything so yeah. Smooth. Thumbs up. (moving on...)

Hydrates
Very hydrating and fresh feeling. Doesn't leave your skin feel tight or dry. It is pretty much a tinted moisturiser so it just feels like you have moisturised your face rather than put any makeup on. 

Protects with SPF 30
A huge added bonus to this BB cream is that it contains SPF 30 so it's protecting your skin at the same time and apparently the sun will be making an appearance some day soon.

Oil free, non-greasy
Doesn't look or feel greasy at all which is great because I know a lot of other BB creams can leave your skin feeling a bit on the greasy side. I have naturally oily skin and I didn't find this made my skin look oily at all, just quite dewy looking so I think it's one that all skin types will be able to use.

Overall I think this product is pretty great, I personally don't really like wearing foundation especially in the summer, so this is perfect for just adding a little bit of colour and helping to even out skin tone. You can add concealer and powder if needed but otherwise this is perfect if you want to look like you aren't wearing any makeup, keeping it very natural and healthy looking, and it is so light you don't feel like you're wearing makeup either. But if you want  more of a full coverage then this probably isn't for you

No comments:

Post a Comment