Monday 9 July 2012

June JolieBox

Hello

So I ordered my first ever beauty box last month ... eee so exciting!! For anyone who doesn't know, Joliebox is one of a few popular beauty boxes, which come as a subscription for around £10 a month plus p&p (usually around £2.95) and you get on average 4-5 high end beauty samples.

I opted for the Joliebox because looking at what products had been included in previous months it looked really good, and it's a french brand with lovely expensive french products which is very appealing to me. So I ordered the Joliebox for June,which just happened to be their 1st anniversary/birthday! Bonus! So the box was promised to be a bit special. However, it is now a week into July and I have only just received it. There were a lot of unhappy customers after an issue with the labeling and boxes being delayed / sent to the wrong people. So not the best service. But I do think it was a one off and at the fault of UK Mail rather than Joliebox so will have to see how it is this month and then I might change to a different beauty box depending on how it goes

So anyway, because it was their anniversary box, the box design was a bit different to usual. There were two different designs. One was a plain bright orange, and one was a really pretty girly looking box. I got the bright orange. Which was a bit disappointing. Not really into neon oranges. But there you go





In the box you get a JolieMag, which is a nice little read, has some information about the products that have been included in the box and other beauty related articles. You also get a Jolieticket which gives you a prize!! Cool huh. Well my prize was a 10% off code for the Joliebox website (not including beauty box). Not so cool. Lets face it 10% off isn't exactly amazing. Hmm. You get a list of all the products in menu form which looks quite cool I love the presentation of it, it just looks really... posh for lack of a better word haha. You also get this cute little nail file as an anniversary bonus! It's nice but you can't really get too excited over a nail file can you??!


On to the products....


L'occitane

Ok so the first product in the box was this 15ml pot of L'occitane Angelica Hydration Cream
"A smooth facial cream that reinforces natural skin hydration and leaves the skin looking radiant and fresh"
I think I would only use this as a night cream because it feels quite thick and heavy on my skin which I don't really like for during the day. It smells really nice though! Will see how it works out






The next product was this Elysambre lipstick. A girl can never have too many lipsticks right, so I was really happy to get this. It doesn't seem to have a name but the number is 206. It's a deep pink/rose colour. 

I hate the actual packaging of it it's like a brown plastic tube and just looks cheap and horrible. Packaging is quite important for me as I like having things on display like on my makeup table so I like things to look pretty. This does not. But never mind I'll deal. 

The lipstick itself is lovely, quite pigmented and a nice consistency so I am overall really happy with this.












Institut Esthederm Bronz Repair Body Lotion




"This lotion  battles damage caused by the sun and reduces signs of ageing, whilst also helping skin achieve a healthy glow"

... yeah maybe when we actually get some sun









Leonor Greyl Shampoo



This was the bonus item for new subscribers, a volumizing shampoo with algae extracts, for thin and limp hair, which is definitely good for me! Oh how I wish I had lovely thick hair. 

"This detangling shampoo gives hair volume, vigour and support"

Well let's hope so, will be trying this out soon so will let you know if it's any good





 Yon-Ka

Lastly, there was another face cream - Yon-ka Pamplemousse (grapefruit) Protective and Vitalizing Cream

"This lightweight facial cream protects skin from external factors making complexions look hydrated and bright"

This product sounds really good, it smells nice and ... I love the name.. Yon-ka. Ah simple things. However, it was the first time Joliebox had decided to customise products for their customers regarding skin type (oily/dry), and because of the mix up with the boxes, and everyone getting sent the wrong box, that went to hell. So i got normal to dry skin. and I have pretty oily skin. So won't really be using this. Smooth. Very smooth.




I think overall, if it hadn't have been for all the trouble with the postage and labeling I would have loved this. But I have to say it did feel a bit like Christmas when it came, and I love the idea of beauty boxes I find it all rather exciting haha. Bring on July's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment