Sunday 15 July 2012

Clinique Redness Solution | Review


The Clinique Redness Solutions is a green tinted protective base or primer with SPF 15, to help reduce redness and improve the skins complexion. The description says "Extra gentle, physical,broad spectrum daily protection from UVA/UVB exposure that can aggravate skins with persistent or reactive redness. Corrective green tint immediately reduces redness. Oil-free"















I'm not really sure how I feel about this product. Firstly, when I apply this, I did not find it was that good at immediately reducing redness. The redness on my cheeks looked almost the same (I have very pale skin with pink undertones so my cheeks are very rosy), and redness from any blemishes looked slightly better I suppose, but it didn't improve it a whole lot and so I wasn't really impressed. Some people have reviewed this product and said it made their skin look an offish green colour and to be honest I didn't find this either. It blended really well, did not leave me looking like a little alien creature, but as I said, it didn't do a great job at balancing out any redness either. I also don't think this made makeup application easier, as some primers do.

Now for the thumbs up bit. I used this product before going to Whipsnade Zoo to be a zookeeper for the day (which was amazing). It was a really hot day and we were walking around here there and everywhere mucking out rhino and elephants enclosures and all that. And that's no easy task let me tell you. They do make a mess. So it got very hot at times and I could feel my face going red. And when i go red I go red! Like bright red. In fact it's more of a plum and a tomato having a party kind of red. So i was thinking "Oh my god i'm going to look awful in my photos" However, at the end of it I looked in the mirror and my face wasn't red at all and my makeup looked exactly like it did when i first applied it. Usually my makeup likes to melt off my face within an hour or two. So i was pretty amazed. And after looking through my photo's my skin was not the horrific colour I thought it would be! So I think this product is really good for preventing redness from heat but not really for covering up or balancing pre-existing redness. In terms of making makeup last longer, I've found this is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't and my makeup looks a mess after a couple of hours. I have no idea why.

I love the packaging, and this will 40ml bottle will definitely last ages and ages. But for £16 I won't be repurchasing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment